- Tapejara Uses In Ark: Survival Ascended
Dinosaur taming is one of the most important aspects of Ark: Survival Ascended. Most dinosaurs have a straightforward trap-and-shoot method to tame them, but there are a few creatures that’ll require a little more skill. Tapejara is the perfect example of this since these dinos can run away from you at a very high speed.
You might not even spot one of these during the first few hours of your gameplay, and once spotted, they might stay high up in the sky for hours. Tapejaras are very skittish, and you’ll need to be very careful if you want to tame them.
Tapejara Taming Process
To tame a Tapejara, you’ll first have to get it on the ground nearby. Keep in mind that once they’re on the ground, it’s important to keep your distance since they get scared quite easily. There are only two ways to get these creatures on the ground:
- You can either wait around them until they naturally come down, which can take quite a lot of time. This also includes you just getting lucky and finding one sitting nearby.
- A more reliable method to tame these creatures is by consuming Rare Flowers so that they start attacking you. You can bring them to the ground with this method quite easily, but you have to be careful of your surroundings.
Rare Flowers make every non-tamed creature attack you instantly, so you need to make sure you bring the Tapejara near the ground where there aren’t a lot of creatures.
You’ll also need another flyer to get close to the Tapejara and aggro it with the flower.
Once you bring the creature near the ground, simply hit it with a Bola to keep it in place and then shoot it with Tranq Arrows or Darts. Tapejaras have a little high Torpidity with quite low health, so you have to be careful hitting them with Tranq Arrows so you don’t end up defeating them.
As soon as they’re unconscious, simply put one of the higher-tier Kibbles, Mutton, Prime Meat, or normal Meat in their inventory. Different food items have different effectiveness on the taming, which is mentioned in descending order.
Tapejara Uses In Ark: Survival Ascended
Since these creatures are harder to tame than even other flyers like Argentavis, you must be wondering what’s so special about them, and there are quite a few things:
- Tapejara’s saddle can hold up to three players, with one person controlling the bird while others can use their inventory items. This gives you quite an edge if you’re trying to fight another player or higher-level dinosaurs.
- The best part about this creature is that they can stick on the side of an edge and allow the pilot to use their inventory items as well. You don’t have to find a normal surface to regenerate your stamina with this creature.
However, with these special effects, Tapejara also comes with relatively low health, stamina, and weight. You can’t use this bird for carrying heavy items or going for long distances. It’s best to put all their stats into melee and make them a war machine.
NEXT: Ark: Survival Ascended – How To Get Prime Meat