Unlock Requirements And Tips
Customize your loadout in every Open Combat Mission.
- Interact with a loadout crate in all Open Combat Missions.
- Alternatively, restart at the last checkpoint to open the loadout menu.
Have You Tried Turning It Off And On Again?
Use a Shock Stick to disable an enemy Sentry Turret.
- Easiest to achieve in Open Combat Missions.
Never Bury Your Enemies Alive
Complete the campaign.
- The campaign takes 3-5 hours to complete, depending on difficulty.
Complete the campaign on Veteran difficulty.
- Complete every mission on Veteran difficulty.
- Consider playing on an easier difficulty first. Open Combat Mission unlocks carry over to subsequent playthroughs.
Kill 12 enemies while descending in the panopticon in ‘Operation 627’
- During the prison descent section, kill every guard in each cell block.
Parachute off a Gantry Crane onto the roof of a Harbormaster’s Building in ‘Precious Cargo’
- Grab the Ascender and rappel up a crane. Parachute to the building on the bottom-left of the map.
Helo Hat Trick
Destroy each objective helicopter in ‘Reactor’ with a different Armament.
- Armament refers to killstreaks. You’ll need to find three unique killstreaks.
Using the EBR-14, kill 2 enemies with 1 bullet 5 times in ‘Payload’ without sounding the alarm.
- Use the drone to spot a pair of guards, then line up your shot. Repeat as needed.
Back In The Field
Acquire the Major’s Keycard in ‘Deep Cover’ within 90 seconds without being detected.
- Kill the major the second he enters the building. Avoid sprinting.
Shoot the gun out of the air in ‘Flashpoint’ before an enemy catches it.
- The gun is thrown shortly after the hooded figures appear at the end of the isle.
Think She’ll Notice?
Destroy all of the cars in the mansion garage in ‘Oligarch’
- Swap to explosives at a loadout crate before entering the mansion.
Elevator Out Of Order
Reach the roof in ‘Highrise’ in under 45 seconds.
- Find the Ascender and restart the mission. Rappel up any rope you find to reach the roof quickly.
Execute the forest sniper in ‘Frozen Tundra’ with a takedown.
- Any cloaked sniper should count, not just the first one.
Defuse the bomb on the truck in ‘Gora Dam’ while it’s in motion.
- Wait for an enemy to enter the vehicle before disarming the bomb.
Your Tax Dollars At Work
Use a missile to take out a single enemy in ‘Danger Close’
- It is easiest to do this with the mortar squad outside the base. Kill one with the 25mm cannon, then use the missile.
No Such Thing As Too Many
Find and use all Armaments in Open Combat Missions.
- Use one of every killstreak available in the campaign. This will require multiple Open Missions.
Collect all Weapon and Field Upgrades from Supply Boxes in Open Combat Missions.
- Keep an eye out for orange boxes on your minimap. Open them to receive credit.
Use 5 different Armaments in Open Combat Missions.
- Armaments refer to killstreaks. This is tracked across the entire campaign, not just one mission.
I Call Shotgun!
Drive a vehicle with a Sentry Gun on the back and have it kill 5 enemies.
- Attempt this on ‘Gora Dam’ before extracting.
Tag, You’re It!
Use the Spotter Scope to tag 60 enemies or items in Open Combat Missions.
- Equip the scope and aim at an enemy to spot them. Tags are tracked across the entire campaign.
Find all Plate Carrier Upgrades in Open Combat Missions.
- Keep an eye out for vest icons on your minimap.
That’s One Way To Do It…
Destroy an airborne enemy helicopter with a Mortar Strike.
- It is easiest to attempt this on ‘Highrise’ during the extraction sequence.
Throw and hit an enemy directly with a Flammable Cannister then blow them up with it.
- You can find fuel canisters in Open Combat Missions. They’re orange propane tanks.
BASE jump and travel more than 150m with your parachute.
- Jump off the dam in ‘Gora Dam’ and glide as far as possible.
High Wire Act
Kill 10 enemies while using a zipline.
- ‘Highrise’ and ‘Precious Cargo’ are the best missions for attempting this.
- Kills are tracked across the entire campaign.
Multiplayer And Zombies Achievements
The First Step
Reach Level 55 in Multiplayer.
- Earn XP in Multiplayer matches.
- Double XP boosters may be earned by completing the MW3 campaign. MW2 boosters also carry over.
And So It Begins
Successfully Exfil in MWZ (Modern Warfare Zombies).
- Evacuate at any point during a Zombies match.
Write It Off
Get 500 kills using an Insured Weapon in MWZ.
- Insured weapons are custom weapons you bring into a match. Kill 500 MWZ enemies with an insured weapon.
Have 9 perks active at the same time in MWZ.
- Purchase 9 perks from Perk-A-Cola machines scattered across the map.
On Urzikstan, kill 100 zombies with a vehicle in a single deployment in MWZ.
- Find or purchase a vehicle in MWZ, then run 100 zombies over before you evacuate.
Back From The Dead
Reclaim your gear from a Tombstone in MWZ.
- Acquire the Tombstone perk and die. A tombstone will spawn in your next MWZ game with all your lost gear.
Revive a player from a different Squad in MWZ.
- Create an alliance with another squad, then revive one of them.
Complete 20 Contracts in MWZ.
- Open your minimap to find Contracts, similar to MW2’s DMZ.
Complete 5 Contracts in the High Threat Zone in a single deployment in MWZ.
- The High Threat Zone is marked on your map. Enter it and complete five Contracts before evacuating.
Kill 50,000 total enemies in MWZ.
- Kills are tracked across all MWZ matches. Zombies and mercenaries count.
Defeat a Warlord in MWZ.
- Equivalent to the AI bosses found in MW2’s DMZ. Found in the High Threat Zone.
Complete Act III in MWZ.
- Complete every faction quest in MWZ.